Goya Foods North American Processing Center
North American Corporate Office HQ/Bean Cannery/Processing Center/Warehouse/ Distribution Center/
Waste Water Treatment Plant
30602 McAlister Rd.
Brookshire, TX 77023
380,000 sq ft
"When Goya realized the need for a large facility capable of heavy production, we knew that KDW would be our design/builder and Houston would be our home. This is our second project in 6 years with KDW, and the Goya team considers the KDW team part of our extended family."
- KDW was hired to relocate and upgrade existing distribution facility with a larger distribution center accompanied by a cannery of equal size. The new 160,000 sq ft distribution center is now adjoined to a 160,000 sq ft production floor, both also having their own corporate office, suites, and staff. In addition to the building itself, KDW is the design/builder for the supporting infrastructure including storm drainage system, road improvements, a waste water treatment plant, a rail spur, and rail dock. The facility includes several “satellite” buildings to house sophisticated water pumps, boiler tanks, outdoor processing, refrigeration equipment, and hydrostatic cooking tower.
- Production facility strategically located in the South Central US to drive Goya’s growth in the US and Mexico markets.
- Goya needed a larger distribution facility to handle product flow production to their rapidly growing local and national markets.
- Goya required access to rail spur, Interstate 10, the Port of Houston via ground transportation, and abundant ground water for washing, soaking, and cooking beans.
- Site was selected with future expansion of distribution, production, and future product lines in mind.
- Located and assisted in the acquisition of 130 acres near Brookshire, Texas.
- The location provides access to rail spur, the Port of Houston, and abundant ground water.
- Goya’s new facility and specialized equipment allow the company the capability of processing 1,000 cans of beans per minute, and has twenty-two (22) truck dock positions for domestic and international distribution.
- Energy efficient lighting, natural lighting, and daylight harvesting implemented in design.
- The design of the outdoor kitchen is a distinguished feature and area on campus. The modern feel, relaxed atmosphere, and stunning architectural landscape make this space perfect for employee gatherings, community events, and Goya’s client base.
- Goya’s upsized distribution center is adjoined to the production center, and is the central point of distribution for the Central United States.