62,727 sq. ft.
Frio Cold Storage Overview
- KDW is building a cold storage facility that includes 46,076 sq. ft. of -10F cold storage that will hold more than 5,600 pallet positions in high-pile racking on an insulated slab protected by a Quell Fire Sprinkler system.
- The FM approved Quell Fire Sprinkler system and provides the same protection as other pre-action systems without the need for in-rack fire protection in cold storage warehouses.
- 2,345 sq. ft. of the three-story office is set aside for the mechanical room to grant the full use of the cold storage footprint using a low charge ammonia/CO2 system that is more efficient and environmentally friendly versus conventional refrigerant systems.
- 1,948 sq. ft. of the three-story office foundation is elevated to two ft. above the floodway on a structural slab to meet the Harris County and City of Houston Flood management office requirements.
- 80,922 sq. ft. of paving allows for ample parking and refrigerated truck access to the 3.9 acre site.