Typhoon Texas Waterpark - Katy
Typhoon Texas Waterpark - Katy Overview
- KDW broke ground on Typhoon Texas Waterpark in August 2015, with completion of the project in May 2016.
- Typhoon Texas is the largest private waterpark built in the U.S. in the past 10 years.
- State-of-the-art aquatics facility utilizing the newest design and equipment.
- The park includes several water attractions (wave pool, lazy river, children's aqua-play, 8-lane mat racer, family raft slides, tube slides, body slides, etc).
- KDW assisted in pre-development and pre-construction activities that enabled construction to start on time.
- 1.27 miles of slide path (20 individual slides)
- 1.65 acres of pool surface area.
- The 8-lane mat racer slide is the largest in the U.S.
- The slideboarding ride is the first new installation in the world.
- Filters are the most efficient systems in the aquatic marketplace, capable of filtering down to 1 micron (20x better than the average swimming pool filter).
Special Projects include ground-up projects, interior build-outs, renovations, expansions, structural repairs, specialty foundations, site upgrades, and more. No matter the size or complexity of the project, KDW's Special Projects Team brings a level of time/cost efficiency that is unmatched.