Cooper Industries Technology
Office & Technology Center
Antoine Business Center, Houston, TX
Phases I, II & III - 35,650 SF Office & Interior Build-Out
Cooper Industries Technology Overview
- Cooper was looking for a design/build company that could deliver its project on time and within budget while providing high-end finishes, complicated product displays (including a mock power line running inside the building) and high-tech theatrical lighting, while maintaining an industrial feel.
- KDW installed nine-foot ceilings, aluminum doors and sidelights.
- The office flooring is a combination of VCT, carpet and ceramic tile.
- The entire facility features various types of lighting and light fixtures to create a well-lit office environment, showroom, training facility and a place to entertain customers.
- The entryway boasts a "History of Cooper" area with artifacts on display, and a wall dedicated to the history of Cooper Industries.
- The lighting room has a split ceiling with ceiling tiles in the front to display Cooper's commercial line of light fixtures, and bar joists in the back to display their warehouse/industrial line of light fixtures.
- A 32-circuit controller was added to all fixtures.
- The auditorium features raised seating and circular tables for presentations. The room has 24-foot-wide coiling doors that open to the Vignette.
- Phase III of the project consisted of 11,500 SF of display area for all Cooper divisions in various industrial applications.
- The display is a full-size mock-up of a chemical plant with five areas of themes to display products.
- The warehouse/assembly area has diamond hard flooring.
- Due diligence design and permitting were completed in six weeks. Construction was completed in 2.5 months.
Special Projects include ground-up projects, interior build-outs, renovations, expansions, structural repairs, specialty foundations, site upgrades, and more. No matter the size or complexity of the project, KDW's Special Projects Team brings a level of time/cost efficiency that is unmatched.