Office/Processing & Distribution
Centers/Wastewater Treatment Plant
704,000 sq. ft.
Goya Foods North American Processing Center Overview
- KDW upgraded the existing distribution facility with a larger distribution center accompanied by a cannery of equal size. The new 160,000 sq. ft. distribution center is now adjoined to a 160,000 sq. ft. production floor, both with their own corporate office, suites and staff.
- In addition to the building, KDW is the designer/builder for the supporting infrastructure including a storm drainage system, road improvements, wastewater treatment plant, rail spur and rail dock. The facility includes several "satellite" buildings to house sophisticated water pumps, boiler tanks, outdoor processing, refrigeration equipment and hydrostatic cooking tower.
- Goya Food's new production facility is strategically located in the south central U.S. to drive Goya's growth in the U.S. and Mexico markets. The location in Brookshire provides access to rail spur, the Port of Houston and abundant ground water.
- The new facility and specialized equipment allow the company the capability of processing 1,000 cans of beans per minute, with 22 truck dock positions for domestic and international distribution.
- Energy efficient lighting, natural lighting and daylight harvesting were implemented in the design.
- The design of the outdoor kitchen is a distinguishing feature and area on campus. The modern feel, relaxed atmosphere and stunning architectural landscape make this space perfect for employee gatherings, community events and Goya's client base.
- The site was selected with future expansion of distribution, production and future product lines in mind.
Phase II Expansion
- Goya Foods wanted to expand its North American Processing Center in Brookshire by adding 324,000 sq. ft. of production warehouse, distribution warehouse, production office and auxiliary buildings.
- The expansion almost doubles Goya's existing 380,000 sq. ft. facility where the company produces more than 2,500 high-quality, affordable food products.
- The expanded facility features 21 new truck dock positions for domestic and international distribution.
Special Projects include ground-up projects, interior build-outs, renovations, expansions, structural repairs, specialty foundations, site upgrades, and more. No matter the size or complexity of the project, KDW's Special Projects Team brings a level of time/cost efficiency that is unmatched.