Lufkin Memorial Hospital Cardiovascular & Stroke Center
Cardiac Care Center
110,000 sq. ft.
Lufkin Memorial Hospital Cardiovascular & Stroke Center Overview
- The five-story Cardiovascular & Stroke Center is home to a new and expanded emergency department which has 23 exam rooms with 3 major trauma rooms. An additional 6 existing exam rooms are available for overflow, totaling 32 rooms all together.
- The new center includes x-ray and lab services allowing patients to stay within the center for all admissions requirements.
- The third floor houses a new intensive care unit that includes 24 rooms that doubles the number of ICU beds previously available at the hospital.
- Mini nurses' stations are positioned between every two rooms so patients are constantly monitored.
- Progressive care is located on the fourth floor with a total of 26 beds and the roof has a helicopter pad that provides air ambulance close access to the ICU and Emergency departments.
- The tower is designed to include energy efficient mechanical and electrical systems, space planning that is patient centered, wide use of natural lighting and staff area design concepts that have proven to reduce staff fatigue and improve overall patient outcomes.
- This facility houses the latest in medical technology including robotics for heart and stroke.