Lufkin Memorial Hospital Cardiovascular & Stroke Center
Cardiac Care Center
Lufkin Memorial Hospital Cardiovascular & Stroke Center Overview
- The five-story Cardiovascular & Stroke Center is home to a new and expanded emergency department with 23 exam rooms and three major trauma rooms. An additional six existing exam rooms are available for overflow, totaling 32 rooms altogether.
- The new center includes x-ray and lab services allowing patients to stay within the center for all admissions requirements.
- The third floor houses a new intensive care unit with 24 rooms, doubling the number of ICU beds previously available at the hospital.
- Mini nurses' stations are positioned between every two rooms so patients are constantly monitored.
- Progressive care is located on the fourth floor with a total of 26 beds. A rooftop helicopter pad provides air ambulance close access to the ICU and Emergency departments.
- The tower is designed to include energy-efficient mechanical and electrical systems, patient-centered space planning, wide use of natural lighting and staff area design concepts that have proven to reduce staff fatigue and improve overall patient outcomes.
- This facility houses the latest in medical technology including robotics for heart and stroke.