Applied Engineering Laboratory
5950 North Course Drive, Houston, TX
22,400 sq. ft.
MI SWACO Overview
- The 2nd floor addition was built on top of the existing building without ever vacating employees from the first floor, nor shutting down their daily operations.
- Foundation and first floor structural framing was originally built to support a five-story building.
- Due to site limitations, north side precast panels were placed over the top from the opposite side of the structure.
- Existing exterior walls were precast concrete panels with a "one-off" pattern constructed in 1982. We found the original precast supplier who still owned the mold used for this existing building in 1982. We were able to perfectly match the 24-year-old custom exterior façade.
- Additional features included mud training rooms, a welding area, a machine shop area, a testing area and a computer laboratory on the second floor.
Special Projects include ground-up projects, interior build-outs, renovations, expansions, structural repairs, specialty foundations, site upgrades, and more. No matter the size or complexity of the project, KDW's Special Projects Team brings a level of time/cost efficiency that is unmatched.