Applied Engineering Laboratory
MI SWACO Overview
- The second-floor addition was built on top of the existing building without ever vacating employees from the first floor, nor shutting down daily operations.
- Foundation and first floor structural framing was originally built to support a five-story building.
- Due to site limitations, north side precast panels were placed over the top from the opposite side of the structure.
- Existing exterior walls were precast concrete panels with a "one-off" pattern constructed in 1982. We found the original precast supplier who still owned the mold used for this existing building in 1982 and perfectly match the 24-year-old custom exterior façade.
- Additional features included mud training rooms, welding area, machine shop area, testing area and computer laboratory on the second floor.
Special Projects include ground-up projects, interior build-outs, renovations, expansions, structural repairs, specialty foundations, site upgrades, and more. No matter the size or complexity of the project, KDW's Special Projects Team brings a level of time/cost efficiency that is unmatched.