Truck Terminal & Service Center
San Antonio, TX
R+L Carriers - San Antonio Overview
- KDW was tasked to expand R+L Carriers in San Antonio, Texas. Expansion and demolition of existing buildings are occurring on an existing campus, so the project will be broken up into four different phases to minimize the impact on owner operations.
- Phase I will consist of a new 11,010 SF maintenance shop, a new 19,300 SF terminal, and a new 2-lane fuel island. Upon completion of phase I the owner will be fully operational and moved into the new terminal and maintenance shop.
- Phase II will include the demolition of the existing 6,261 SF maintenance shop, 10,856 SF of the 40,564 SF terminal, and fuel island. Site work and a new concrete slab will be poured for the remaining 28,950 SF of a new terminal that will tie into the existing 40,564 SF terminal.
- Erection of the remaining 28,950 SF terminal will wrap up phase III.
- Phase IV will finish the project with reroofing, fire protection, new lighting and selective remodel of the original terminal and 5,00 SF of existing office.