30-Foot Deep Test Pit
25'-0" W x 67'-0" L x 30'-0" Deep
Sulzer Pump Overview
- KDW designed/built a 350,000 gallon test pit for the client's oversized pumps.
- The excavation of the 30-foot deep hole required proper back slope, which had to be engineered in order to maintain safety for our people to work at the bottom of the pit.
- The pit has a 2'6" thick concrete slab, 2'3" thick concrete end walls and 3'6" thick concrete side walls.
- At 30 ft below natural grade at the bottom of the pit we installed a 30 ft long x 8 ft diameter pipe in the ground.
- This pit was used to test the client's oversized pumps, the largest of which will pump 350,000 gallons of liquid per minute.