Deer Park, TX
WIKA Instrument, L.P. Overview
- WIKA Instrument, a Germany-based company, manufactures instrumentation/gauges for its clients' custom temperature and pressure measurement needs.
- KDW designed/built WIKA's manufacturing facility to accommodate WIKA's rapidly growing business needs.
- The project design started with a list of the client's specifications for its new facility, however some acquisitions quickly changed the scope of work. After designing from the inside out, a larger site and building footprint was incorporated. Initially, the plan was to have the capability to double production. The design process created an innovative single campus for multiple companies and future growth.
- The instrumentation and pressure gauge assembly factory is fully conditioned and crane ready. It includes a back-up generator, bus duct, air and water drops, and floor drains throughout.
- KDW utilized a tilt-wall design for the permanent exterior walls, with metal walls for future expansions to be completed in phases.
- The facility is designed with expansion capabilities throughout. Above the first-floor office, a second-floor shell has been provided. The manufacturing section is designed for expansions in both the east and south directions for an additional 100,000 SF of shop.
Special Projects include ground-up projects, interior build-outs, renovations, expansions, structural repairs, specialty foundations, site upgrades, and more. No matter the size or complexity of the project, KDW's Special Projects Team brings a level of time/cost efficiency that is unmatched.